|strong-seo | How Long Should a Blog Post Be in 2023?|
How Long Should a Blog Post Be in 2023?
If you look for the number of words that a blog post or article should contain, you'll find all kinds of answers on the Internet, starting from 300 words to 2500 words in one article, but does that not seem a touch vague?
In fact, there's no specific number of words in a single article. Rather, this matter isn't determined by the author of the article, but by the competing blogs, that is, the articles that occupied the primary page in the search results for the same keyword.
How many words are in a perfect blog post:
Let's take an easy example of that, and for instance , for instance , that you simply want to write an article about "the best foods for pregnant women" To know the number of words needed in the article, follow these steps:
- Enter the search box and sort the search phrase 'best food for pregnant women'
- Then enter all or a number of the articles that appeared on the first page of the search results and count the number of words in each article
- Select the article with the most important number of words, say 1,100 words
- This means that your article must have more than 1,100 words.
And that leads us to another question, How will I quickly count the amount of words in each article?
Add word counter on Chrome:
Of course, you'll not manually count the number of words in each article, but there are several free tools to try to to this, just enter the Google Chrome extension market and look for (word counter) and it will show you many extensions that calculate the number of words you can choose one of them, either If you would like a specific addition, use (Word counter plus).
- After installing the extension on the Chrome browser, attend the page where you want to count the number of words, select the whole content of the page, then right-click on any specific place on the page and choose Word Counter plus, a window will appear with the amount of words and other information that does not interest us.
- It may happen that you encounter some sites, especially Arabic, that prevent the choice and copying feature, which makes the method of calculating the number of words automatically difficult, so you've got to calculate manually in the following way:
- Calculate the amount of lines in the post, then multiply it by the typical number of words per line, and you'll get an approximate number of words in the post.
- You can also use this tool while writing your article, whenever you want to know the number of words, press Ctrl + A to pick all and then use the extension to determine the number of words.
Why is that the number of words in an article important for SEO?
In fact, nobody knows exactly the criteria and algorithms by which search engines are programmed, so as to not be circumvented, but at the identical time, Google gives us a group of instructions that help us improve appearance in search results, there's no explicit mention of the impact of the number of words, but there are some tips which may be translated as many words, including:
- The article should provide a comprehensive description of a topic: that's , an summary of all the elements and questions arising from the topic, and this is often not in a few words. for instance , if you would like to write an article about why ice floats on water, you would like to explain several things such as the molecular structure of ice and Hydrogen bonding and then explaining the law of buoyancy and others, the solution to all the questions that may come to the reader's mind can only be with an article with a large number of words.
- Inclusion of a greater number of keywords: We all know the importance of keywords in SEO, and thus increasing the number of words in the article means increasing the keywords, but rather targeting several keywords in one article, for instance , if you wrote a piece of writing entitled “Why the color of the sky is blue” you can You add a subheading at the end of the article “Why does the sky tend to turn red at sunset” which is a search term other than the main keyword in the title and this will increase the number of visits.
- A larger number of words gives more confidence in the article: according to the analysis of specialists, the bulk of visitors do not read the entire article, but rather browse it in search of the knowledge they are looking for in the titles and images, and that they may keep the article link in order to return to it again or share it with others, all of those factors give indications To search engines that the article is of high quality.
How to increase the number of words without affecting the quality of the article :
I want to focus on this point on a very common mistake in Arabic content, which is to elongate the article by lengthening the introduction, and this is often a factor that strongly affects the reader’s interaction with the information provided, and he may close the page immediately if he finds excessive filling, or he may go on to search for the information that is presented He searches for it without reading the article or part of it, and this affects the evaluation of the content by search engines.
Increasing the amount of words is by going into details, not by getting too many generalities
Going into the small print gives the reader a positive impression full of confidence about the author, which inspires him to continue reading on the one hand and share the article with others on the other hand, which can raise the quality of the article in search engines, but how do I find the small print I am looking for?
It's simple, look for similar searches at the bottom of the search page and you will find questions related to your article or similar search words that you can add to your article without it being repetitive, you'll also search on Koora about similar questions there you will find the details you are looking for.
Bigger content needs bigger format:
Increasing the amount of words without formatting the article may lead to the visitor not feeling comfortable at the first sight when entering your article and may close the page quickly, the analyzes and statistics of SEO specialists indicate that the bulk of visitors do not read the entire article, but rather check it with their own eyes through titles and pictures in search of the information they are looking for about her.
Hence, the format of the article is important the larger the content, by adding the subsequent things:
- Add sub-headings and sub-headings whenever necessary.
- Create a table of contents that has the titles and sections of the article.
- Add illustrations whenever possible.
I hope that this simple article has removed the confusion about the concept of the number of words in one article, if you have any questions, put them in the comments.
- strong seo
- google seo optimizer
- seo bing
- drupal seo
- sem pay
- seo online
- seo one page
- web seo
- seo digital
- site seo
- seo yahoo
- seo duckduckgo
- google seo
- seo page
- seo a
- seo toolkit
- sem search engine marketing
- seo index
- crawler google
- search engines crawler
- marketing seo sem
- rank page
- ranking page google
- wordpress seo google
- seo fundamental
- google sitemap xml
- search engine mega
- it seo